JQuery CDN with fallback strategy
Smart usage of CDN for JQuery and JQuery plugins
Content Delivery Network or CDN is really usefull for loading JQuery and especially JQuery UI since it is pretty big script file. They are very ofter reliable, fast and since they can be used on other sites, they might be alrady cached in clients browser if he visited some website which uses the same CDN for JQuery or JQuery UI.
There are a lot of CDN providers outhere, but two most common are for sure:
- JQuery CDN - http://code.jquery.com/
- Google CDN - https://developers.google.com/speed/libraries/devguide
- Microsoft CDN - http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/cdn.ashx
- CloudFlare CDN - http://cdnjs.com/
- jsDelivr CDN - http://www.jsdelivr.com/
Purpose of the code contained in snippets or available for download in this article is solely for learning and demo purposes. Author will not be held responsible for any failure or damages caused due to any other usage.
Comments for this article